Journey to Julie

Dear Family and Friends! Thanks for being so supportive throughout this adoption process. Here is our "blog"-- a way for you to keep abreast of our amazing journey to Julie. We plan to update this site all the way up to coming home from China. After that, I imagine we will be too busy. Plus, you can come visit at that point anyway!!!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Our baby is finally home


We made it home safe and sound yesterday afternoon. Julie did very well on the plane, sleeping a good portion of the trip. She had a much rougher time on the way home, strapped into a car seat. But I don't want to get into that.

It's been a little over 24 hours since our return and I am a bit tired. Julie has had a great day and enjoyed a brief visit to the park with her aunty Nancy. Julie is an adventurous spirit and enjoyed swinging much higher than I thought she would. She really is our pride and joy.

When I have fully recovered from my jet lag I will post one more time. Please visit us in the meantime. I have a feeling we won't be going on any long drives soon.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see the posted today, I feel addicted to this site, every morning and evening I'd check to see the new sweet pictures and stories about Julie. Enjoy her now, they grow so quickly.
Nadi

Thursday, July 21, 2005 7:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Like my mother-in-law, I've been keeping up with your posts everyday (and so have all my friends in my office)! We are all so happy that you made it home safely and that the three of you are truly starting your new life together.

Celeste Klanjac

Friday, July 22, 2005 12:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Irena & Spencer AND JULIA!!!!!!

We are soooo excited. I wish so bad that we were in California so we could come right over!

Will call you this weekend to hear about E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!

Yvonne

Saturday, July 23, 2005 2:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irena & Spencer,

What a beautiful baby you've got there! You can tell she is very happy to finally be "home."

Julie's spirit chose you as parents for a reason - to bring support and utter joy to her life and fill her heart with unconditional love.

I can't wait to meet her!

Steve Hetrick

Sunday, July 24, 2005 9:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a tremendous story?!! i am thrilled for the three of you. surely julie, will be loved and cared for, as will both of you. congratulations on hard work (emotionally and technically). Few people attend such a roller coaster and unknown territory. i admire you both for taking the journey with integrity and gratitude.
i've been mostly MIA during this process (yes, i still allow life to control me, rather than the other way around).

but i look forward to being in touch and being auntie-radha.

love
radha

Friday, August 12, 2005 9:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home